Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Appeasing the Gods

I have failed.....

Today is Fat Tuesday, and I have failed. No King Cake. No special decor. It's no wonder I was stuck in traffic this morning. The Fat Gods are angry with me. Fat Tuesday is my favorite holiday. First off, no Hallmark holiday. Not too many Fat Tueday cards out there.

"Happy Fat Tuesday, hope you gain 5 pounds!" You are not likely to see that in the card isle any time soon.

I usually stop at a local bakery and grab a King Cake on the way into work. Besides being very tasty and going very well with several cups of coffee, they are a tradition. Find the baby doll and you will have good luck. Of course there is the whole, eat what you want cuz Lent is right around the corner thing too. But I am not catholic, or very religious either so I can pick and choose what to celebrate. Eating sweets and forgetting any resemblance of a diet is for me!

I hope that a feeble attemtp at purchasing a King Cake tomorrow (even a day old one will suffice) will appease the Fat Gods. Pray for me, or at the very least eat a candy bar and think of me.

No comments: