Monday, February 21, 2005

Another sappy entry

Ah yes, much like the Valentine's day post this one is gonna be sappy. You see, I am without my better half today. She is out of town. Left yesterday afternoon for a business trip and is gone till tonight. I know it's only a day and a half. Blah blah blah to all of that stuff, I still miss her even if it is only one day. There is a certain comfort to having your partner there with you during even the most repetitive of days. Sunday evenings are usually just that. We are shifting into work mode for Monday morning. Usually watching the same shows in the evening. Maybe doing some extra work before the week actually starts. Ironing clothes. Whatever it may be, it is still not the same when something, someONE is missing.

This is sort of the same feeling I get right before and for a while after I drop my kids off on Sunday evenings. That bit of lonliness. That little bit of sadness the comes with knowing that a constant is not there, at least for now. Unless you have planned something to do, you kind of wander around, wanting someone to talk with, someone to sit next to. I was able to do a few things that I wouldn't normally do but in the end I put a movie in to help pass the time until I was tired. But then, even tired and falling asleep, I felt it. I didn't have to reach over to feel the empty spot. I didn't have to turn over and look, I just knew. I felt myself missing her even after just an afternoon. I felt myself missing her this morning when I woke up. My normal routines in the morning were off just a bit, but enough that it made it feel wierd. The day is gonna be like that too, I can just feel it. Until I see her or hear her voice my day is gonna be off.

No comments: