Wednesday, June 01, 2005

What weekend??????

Well, its Wednesday, I haven't updated this in almost a week. I am a baaaaaaaaaad boy. But on the other hand, we were a little busy running a baseball tournament that started Friday. I even took Friday off of work so that we could get to the fields early enough to start setting up and getting ready. Of course, it rained Friday, that set the mood early as tentative but the sun peeked out and things got rolling. So far, I can say, we made pretty good money selling burgers, dogs, etc....and it will all go to a good cause. The down side to all of this was that my son quit the team directly after the tournament. Now, I was fully aware that he had an issue with one of the coaches as far as him not getting to pitch as much. But then to hear on the phone that he quit and that him and his mom had been planning this for a while was, and IS, a bit upsetting. Of course, he has already landed somewhere else along with his mother, so I hope he truly is happy with his decision. I would rather him play somewhere where he is having fun. The process of the quitting along with the way his mother informed everyone is where my problems begin. Once again she pulls the strings and gets her way. I fully believe that he might not have been happy but I also believe that she was there to help him make his decision. Time will tell if that decision is the right one. I will tell you that it was very hard last night to take his uniform up to the field and turn it in. We have a lot of friends up there and even though we know that it was by no means goodbye, it was still hard to leave the team as parents. Right now, I am just tired of being pissed off.

No comments: