No, I do NOT have a diet update, so quit asking!
But I do have an issue. As anyone who reads this knows, as if anyone reads this, whatever. Anyway, D-Day was Monday. Sorry, moved it to accomodate some training to Thursday. One week from today so no biggie. Ok, nuff history. Last night I got out my test results from the first doctor's visit and re-read them. Just trying to get myself all up to date on what was done to me and remembering what was said so that I could deny ever hearing anything about losing weight. Anyway, I hit the back page of the reports and saw that there were some notes that the report added. Something about a GFR range being between 30-90 and if it is then "clinical correlation is needed". Below all of that was a website http://www.kidney.org. Ok, so I hit that site trying to find out exactly what it is that I missed before. Well.....come to find out that GFR is a kidney test that determines how your they are functioning. Oh, and by the way, anything below 90 means that your kidneys are not functioning as well as they should. Now, there are a lot of factors and age, race, and something called Creatinine are the three major ones. Using a calculator online (yes, kidney.org provides you with one if you know your Creatinine level). I confirmed that my GFR is 61. 61. That is NOT above 90. And the lab report really doens't do much more than that. Doc did NOT go into any of this with me so I called his office this morning. I got to talk to a nurse, which is great, they are very busy people and I really appreciated them taking the time first thing in the morning to listen to my babble. The one thing that I didn't like was the lack of knowledge of GFR. If its on the test results that you give me then please at least know enough to tell me what I am looking at. So now, here I am, thinking that I have kidney damage and having to wait a week to talk to my doctor about it. So I took today and Googled GFR. Found lots of sites with information. None of it promising. A lot of technical info from a professional standpoint and not much from the patient standpoint. I have to assume that this means that GFR is a fairly new test and that not enough is out there yet. Again, here I am. Worried.
Not good for someone that needs to lose weight. There are two things I do when I am worried. First, I get quiet. Second, I get jittery and eat. I hope to the good lord above that I can fast Thursday until 3 with these wonderful assumptions rolling around in the gray matter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment