This past weekend. Lemme give you a glimpse into this past weekend before I do any diet updating. Saturday was baseball...at least one game. My youngest's game in the morning was a washout. But my oldest played in the afternoon with his new team. Now, I am more than happy to goto any of his games and it really doesn't matter who he plays for as long as he is having fun. That being said, the difference between a select team and regular knothole is absolutely mind boggling. First of all, he got to pitch. That in itself was a victory for him but the team he played against....wow. I was shocked to see how poorly they played. Now, I understand that not all kids are baseball greats but I just forgot how the level of play falls off when you go back to knothole. I was actually stunned at the competition. He did seem happy to get his chance to pitch and he did seem to be enjoying himself so, other than some left over hostility to a certain person, I am ok with his decision. Again, and I cannot emphasize this enough, it wasn't the decision but the way it was handled, that pissed me off. Ok, I am done bitching about that. The rest of Saturday went something like this...got up early as usual to do the laundry.
Ok, sorry but I need to vent again. So here is a bit of an aside. We meet my mom for laundry on Saturday mornings around 6:15am. Why? First of all, the place we go to is usually pretty empty at that time and its a good time to catch up with my mom if we haven't had the chance to all week. Second, we usually go out to breakfast right after for some more BSing and a good meal. Now, that being said, the laundrymat that we frequent is always open. The hours on the door say 7-10 but we have been there well before 7 for several trips in a row and its always been open. Now, you know, since I said "always" that, YEP, it was closed Saturday. So we waited a bit. Then went ahead and ate. Returning with 5 minutes to spare before 7, we waited again. 7:10, 7:20, and yes, 7:30 goes by and still locked. What a way to run a business. There was a phone # on the door. I called, and SURPRISE!, I got an answering machine. Nice. Back to the weekend....
The rest of Saturday was great. Got some painting done and did our laundry at the apartments using the much smaller room in the building next door. God, I cannot wait to get a house!!!!! Saturday night was an early one...asleep by 9. At least I think so, I don't remember anything after the first commercial break during Bambi. Yes, Bambi....that tells you what summer TV is like.
Sunday was interesting. Woke up fine. Even fixed a nice big breakfast for me and my honey. But by afternoon, my head felt like it was going to explode. I was sweating, hurting, puking. It was awful. Finally, sometime around 8 or 9 that night all went quiet on the pain front. I actually got to eat some chicken noodle soup with crackers (this is where my fiancee stepped in and does what she does best, take care of me). Suffice to say, I was not worried a bit about the diet this morning seeing as how I ate little or nothing yesterday. There is just about nothing worse than having a headache that keeps you in bed. Light, sound, movement, all bringing it home worse and worse. Then getting that sick feeling in your stomach. Knowing its coming and there is nothing you can do about it. Knowing you haven't eaten anything cuz of the damned headache but still you can't help but praying to the porcelain goddess. Dry heaves. Ugh. I tried everything, a cold wet cloth, heating pad on my neck, I slept off and on for 3 hours in the afternoon, nothing. It wasn't quite a migraine, at least not to the point of others that I had but it sucked just the same. Thank god I have someone that takes such great care of me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment