Thursday, May 12, 2005

Updates shmupdates

I come to the realization that people must really either appreciate sarcasm or just not care. The news, and life, is full of people who have gone over the edge. I know that a person's lifestyle is thier own and but come on...

Wacko Jacko as he is called....the lady who lied about the finger in the Wendy's chili...they guy with the finger in the custard that wouldn't give it back...the student pilot and the instructor who flew too close to the White House...Brittany and Cletus Spears...and that is just the top of the news day. It would take me days to include all of the people that I see every day. People who do and say things that make you just shake your head. How about I go a step further, the local people that I see in the mall or the ones that I see walking around this busy metropolis during the day. The lady with the pink hair whose spandex pants are screaming from the pain of trying to stay together. She has to weigh 300 pounds and is positive she still wears a size 8 in spandex pants. Right. The guy who is so self-absorbed in his cell phone conversation that he pushes right past two old ladies getting onto the escalator without so much as an excuse me. Then when he does notice someone its usually just to give some kind of dirty look like we are taking up his precious space and time. Or how about the guy who orders a double quarter pounder at Mickey D's with a super sized fries and a DIET coke. Oh, wait, that was me. Sorry. Anyway my point is this....it takes all kinds and I am ever so glad to be able to laugh right along with them. Or at them. Whatever.

Oh yeah, diet update. Didn't weigh myself today but did notice that I had gained one yesterday morning. Ugh, I made up for it by cutting back all day yesterday but this morning I just plain forgot to hop on the truck scale. I did help myself out by making sure lunch was the Jared way. Hopefully tomorrow I will remember to depress, errr I mean weigh myself.

No comments: