Today is one of those days. Tossed and turned last night and I feel like I have had no sleep whatsoever. Grumpy, tired, hungry, I got it all today. Got to work and someone had left the fridge door open all night so my lunch that I had saved is ruined. Trying to save a little money so eating out is a no go. Speaking of eating, the diet is getting me down. I had lost a total of 7 pounds until this past weekend, then I noticed that I had gained 4 of them back. Not sure how that happened, must have been that hot dog at the baseball game Sunday. Who knows. The combination of my attitude this morning and being on a diet does not bode well for good eating habits. Fortunately I have someone behind me that cares for me and loves me enough to not let me drag around in self-pity feeling sorry for myself and being a general pain in the ass. So, with her pushing me on, I have shored up my resolve, turned my attitude around, and decided that today is NOT going to suck, at least the rest of the day. I may not be smiling through it all but at least I know that the end of the day is coming and tomorrow is another day to start over fresh.
There are a few things on my mind today, Mexico's president sticking his pie en boca (foot in his mouth) by making racist remarks. Now come on, in this day and age, there is no reason for anyone to make such comments. I am not talking about racism in general, there will always be people that will be small minded and stupid and put other people down simply on the basis of difference. I am talking about a public person, a president for crying out loud, making these types of statements in public. Hello? Is anyone at home at all? There are a lot of people pursuing public jobs and careers, politicians, actors, musicians, artists in general, all of which crave the public eye. Why would you pursue any of those careers if you didn't? But to say something inflamatory and ignorant in public or to the press is plainly stupid. We live in the ultimately Politically Correct era and this still happens. The only way it can happen is that these people that commit these little gaffes are just not thinking. Not thinking but yet still talking. Yeah, that makes sense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment