I love drinking holidays. It gives the masses that excuse to head out and have a few just because. Here in my little corner of the midwestern world, our big drinking party is Oktoberfest. We even have the largest Biergarten west of Munich, or something to that effect. This along with Mardi Gras, New Years, and St. Patty's day gives this old conservative town a reason to kick up it's heels. Or at least hit a sports bar for some Corona's and nachos while we pretend to know what the 5th of May means to the Latin community. The radio stations send out thier "personalities" to the bars. Gets them paid and gets a good bit of specials on the beer and snackies. Every bar will be decorated for today.....Corona signs, Tequila inflatibles, Sombreros, and all of them becoming bi-lingual and saying Hola when you walk in. By coincidence, or not if you want to believe I am into conspiracies, I am making a huge Mexican feast for Mother's day this weekend. Just my way of falling into line, I guess.
Oh yeah, I am doing ok with the lifestyle change. I am slowly losing a bit and doing well by staying fed enough not to cheat, too much. A total of 4 pounds off in the last 2 weeks since I have kept track.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment