Ah yes, first day back from vacation. What a relief it is to get back to work. All of that relaxation, stressless days, sleep, fun...it was all getting to be too much. I need to hear the grinding of my teeth at night, the coffee induced meetings, the pain flaring up in my wrists from the incesant typing day after day. Now THAT'S fun. Enough sarcasm (if you can ever have enough). Vacation was awesome. A few notes on the Niagara area. The US side, touristy and not as well kept at the Canadian side. The falls...you must see them in person. There is no way that pictures or video or words can do them justice. Awesome. Mother Earth/Nature at her most powerful. There were a lot of statistics thrown around in various tours, brochures, etc...but the amount of water and the power at which it flows is staggering. Along with the amount of people there to see it. We stayed on the US side, due mainly to price and toured the Canadian side while we stayed. While the US side was a bit more touristy, the Canadian side can keep up the area due mainly to it's pricy sites. Almost $20 just to park near the area. There is a main strip just up from the falls that reminds one of the Gatlinburg area on steroids (insert your own Rafael Palmiero pun here). Lets just say that there was enough on both sides for us to stay busy for the entire time we were there. No boredom allowed. The border crossings were good, faster than I had expected given the current climate and the recent London activity. Even though there were lines it moved quickly. The drive up and back, yes we drove, was good. Yes, 4 people in a car for over 8 hours and we arrived without killing anyone. The kids were great the whole trip. I even got to spend some time with my oldest son fishing. He turned 13 right after we got back. He really enjoyed it and so did I. In fact, he got a set of golf clubs for his birthday and I made a tee time for early that morning so he could use them first thing. Dad of the year material right here. Actually, the idea is mostly my sweetie's and I am just taking credit for it. :-)
We bought a few bottles of local wine from the areas. An Icewine from Canada, a local New York wine along with that. Really building up our collection nicely. We also started a magnet collection of all of the states we have visited together. I have a feeling it won't be long before our fridge door is going to look like a really wierd Rand McNally map.
Other than that, we got more of the wedding items marked off. Got the gazebo/chapel booked and the invites sent to the printers. Ordered the boys' gift. Got the Announcements ordered also. Things are starting to fall into place. T minus 84 and counting. I can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment