Friday, July 22, 2005

The day before vacation blog...can you say short? I can't either.

Vacation starts tomorrow!!!!! Today is gonna be a great day. Of course, the last time I went on a real vacation I got laid off the day I got back. No worries, mate. That was then, this is now. This is actually a company that values the employees and a boss that can see past the next dollar sign. Did I mention that I am going on vacation? Today is admin/makeup/catchup/get ahead day at work. All of those pesky little admin tasks that are stacked up get done. Any emails, documents, phone calls, that I have not gotten too get made up today. Anything that needs immediate attention when I get back gets started so I can get ahead. See, there is a method to the madness (One Step Beyond!). Can you tell I got the 80's CDs out? Actually my sweetie got them out, I just enjoy the heck out of them. The ME decade. New Wave. Synthesized everything when it came to music. I rebelled against anything and everything that was synthesized back then. If it wasn't pure guitar and drums then I hated it. Now I wax nostalgic for it and love it. See what old age does to you? Did I mention that I am going on vacation tomorrow? I know my legions of blogging fans will miss me for one week. But I shall return. Old bloggers never die, they just faaaaaaade away.

We told the kids about the wedding date being moved up. They were truly excited. And the oldest wanted to know if we had decided about having more kids! He needs to ask that AFTER vacation. Did I mention vacation yet? I am going on one starting tomorrow. Just a small reminder. Anyway, they are excited. Although I did have to make a slight change. I am having CO-best men. My youngest is a little jealous that the oldest gets to be best man so he gets to me ring-bearer AND CO-best man. The bat will have to be modified. Speaking of which, after we get back the planning will be in full motion. We got the rings last night. Really nice hand made white gold with two very fine lines of black in them. Very nice. Our jeweler (I love being able to say that we have a jeweler) did a really great job. They look nice on, too. Tonight is dress shopping (not for me, of course). I know she is going to be the most beautiful bride EVER. I can't wait to see her in a wedding dress, waiting for me. Puts that silly ear to ear grin on my face every time. I am going on vacation tomorrow. Just in case you forgot.

No comments: