Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A real update

It's been a few days since my last post. Things at work at a bit hectic. It seems like we can't get everyone in our office to be here for a full week. Lemme splain..there are 4 of us in our group. And it seems as though we never have all 4 of us here at the same time. This week one of us is out for some training. The week before, one of the guy's wives had a baby. Before that, vacations. It's always something. The hardest part is not picking up the extra work, its making sure that YOUR work gets done in the process. I think I have a pretty good system when we are short handed. I can usually put my stuff off for a day or two then get ahead on the new stuff and be able to end the week without getting behind. At least, thats the plan.

Back to my title...yes, I have a real update. I have actually managed to lose 2 pounds over the last 4 days. And I have actually been keeping track of it. I am not one to weigh everyday. I think that defeats the purpose. If I did that, then I would be depressed every other day. It seems that if I check only once a week, or maybe twice a week, then things are much better in the morale department.

Also, there is an update to my quest to get back in touch with some of my old buddies from school. After dinner a week or so ago with one of them, I caught up with a cop buddy and found out that he had met someone and was actually pretty excited about it. At least, he was excited about the sex. Heard back from him, and apparently he only attracts the psychos. Or at least that is her label now.

No comments: