cliche? maybe. happy? definitely. Tonight we are meeting up with an old friend of mine that I grew up with (see previous post). Gonna meet at a Friday's type place, take that you unintended punsters! It will definitely be interesting. This particular friend of mine married a girl several years ago that wasn't the most popular girl we had met. But then niether was my first wife. Lemme tell ya a little story....
The day before the wedding, all of the guys in my wedding party showed up at my mom's apartment looking to take me out on the town. Now granted, it was a nice gesture, but the night before?? No way would I have done that. Of course, the evil ex was not about to let me have some fun so she poo'd poo'd the idea anyway. But the last thing I needed to be was green around the gills standing at my own wedding. So anyway, they ended up taking my younger brother, all of 17 at the time, and got him stinking drunk. Glad I didn't go. Suffice to say, the guys blamed the wife. A few days after the wedding they all showed up at our apartment airing thier gripes. I told them in no uncertain terms that if they were looking for me to make a choice between them and my new wife then they were gonna be disappointed. Of course, I was the first to get married so they had absolutely NO freakin clue what they were asking and what they were putting me through but the did it and I chose the wife. I know, I know, hindsight is always 20/20 and I know my current soon-to-be wife would NEVER make me choose or even LET me make that choice. You can have both. And, now that they are all married, its interesting to see exactly what kind of choices they have made. I can actually sit back and laugh at the fact that they might have actually learned something from that little confrontation. So anyway, it will be an interesting little get together. I am hoping that we can reminisce, tell some kid stories, maybe share some pics, and then make a habit out of getting together. But we'll see. Its not that I don't want to hang out, lord knows that friends are hard to come by, especially ones that stick around, but there is always the intangibles, the things you can never really plan on. Lets just say that I am limiting myself to one beer tonight. The only thing his wife said as she yelled to the phone last night was "find someplace cheap to get drunk". Nuff said.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment