http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky/sports/12311591.htm
Here is a story that flies in the face of everything that you have been hearing about baseball players this year. Including much of what I have been ranting about since most of what you hear from the media these days is all about the bad stuff. And I am lucky enough to live in the same town that these guys play in. Hopefully you will read this story but let me give you the Reader's Digest version. This boy's grandpa had a heart attack in the stands of the Reds game last night. The security guard took the boy to the bullpen while the EMTs worked on his grandpa. As they took his grandpa to the hospital and before his parents got there, the Reds players (including some very well paid superstars) took him on the field for the post game high fives, they took him to the locker room and showered him with gifts including a batting helmet worn by one of the guys that played in the All Star game. Truly class acts all the way. And the quote by Junior? Its just a game that we play. Finally a professional athlete that gets it. And it gets buried deep. Nowhere on ESPN.com do we see this story. Not even on the MLB pages. The same with SI.com. But we can keep hearing about Palmiero's steroid problem. How festivities are cancelled. How the feds might be looking at purjery charges. I guess that is what sells. I emailed this to just about everyone I knew. Hopefully everyone will get to read it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment