That is my new mantra. Actually its just as good as an excuse for not losing weight. This way I am assured to be around longer. The only drawback to that is that I will be alone and around longer. Maybe I better think that one through. Well, the only real update I have is that we all, and I mean the kids too, visited the nutritionist yesterday. She was very nice and the kids liked her. There are and were a few issues to deal with. My oldest seems to think that this means he will starve to death but we are working on it. We got some questions answered and some good information. Now to implement the changes. Slowly, but surely it will get done. I would like to see a definitely change in everyone by next spring. Not necessarily a lot of weight lost but some more positive blood tests. The whole weight thing will follow naturally. We learned about the right kinds of fats. Mono and Poly. Saturated fats are a no no. Fried foods are bad. Duh. I knew that but just kind of ignored it. Dairy is important. Sugar is bad. Lots of things like that. She wants status reports too. I just hope that some of this, any of it, gets through to thier mom. She didn't show up, which left my oldest upset, so she is getting everything from him and me as far as information. There is about a 5 percent chance that she will actually help us with this. But oh well, all we can do is what we can do.
Oh, yeah, one other thing I wanted to touch on. I have started trying to reconnect with some old buddies of mine. From grades school and high school. So far so good. I have had some really good converstations. There was a group of about 6 of us, give or take one or two at any given time. Most have kids and are or were married. Most of them called me back when I called them, which was cool actually. That meant that I hadn't burned any bridges over the years. Its gonna be harder to actually get to see them but I am working on that too. Why all of this, you ask? Because friends are too valuable to let go, even if it seems like you already have. There are a few friends of mine that I have literally not seen in almost 20 years. It seems like not that long ago when I wasn't even 20 years old. A few of these guys I have knows since I was 10. That would be 26 years! School, work, fishing, camping, traveling. All the things I did growing up I did with friends. Calling them, at least some of them, required the appropriate amount of pride swallowing. But once you said Hi, it was like old times. Only now, WE are old and not the times. All of them are around my age, a year or two older or younger maybe. Most of us at the same stage in life. Late 30's, working through the career, kids, wife (first or second). Most of us glad to have the opportunity to get back in touch and recount some memories. Maybe that is what I will update instead of that damned diet thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment