Thursday, April 28, 2005

Close to home

I usually use this forum to rant about personal issues. I tend to stay away from the broader subjects, at least in general. I might spout off about the latest headline, here and abroad. Anyway, today is more personal that usual for me. I am in the midst of a lifestyle change. After a recent visit to my doctor I was told that my blood pressure is too high and that my cholesterol is too high as well (documented before, I know). I am asking for assistance from anyone who might read this on what they might have done in the past to help out.

First off, I will admit that I am overwieght. Of course, if you listen to the news we are ALL fat. I know of which I speak. I know that I have needed to lose some weight for quite a while but my age has snuck up on me and I have always said that I will get to it BEFORE it affects my health. Too late! Now I am forced, which sometimes isn't a bad thing, to make said lifestyle changes. No more mid afternoon snacks of candy. I keep a bag of carrots in the fridge at work. My breakfasts are now bran cereal or whole wheat toast with light this and that. More chicken, turkey, and fish in my diet. Walking is not an option, cardio is what I was told to do.

Anyone out there got some tips for me?

No comments: