Friday, April 22, 2005

Ah yes, spring time. Things are turning green and leafy and the weather is getting warmer (with the exception of this weekend apparently). Of course, after two weeks of 70+ degrees weather and a charity golf outing on Sunday, there just HAS to be snow in the forecast. But enough of my whining. It is Cincinnati after all and the weather will change when you least expect or want it to.

Can someone please explain to me why reality shows do so well? And why they are called reality shows? In no reality that I have heard of do you get a million dollars for a month and a half of island living. I think when you offer a prize and rules and elimination, etc etc etc, its called a game show. Just because its not in a TV studio they can call it reality tv. Whatever.

And now we have a new Pope. A German one, which is good if you are from the west side of Cincy. A mostly German community. There are grumblings about his Nazi past and his age but hey, if 115 bishops think that he should be there then I guess its ok. Of course, I am not catholic so my opinion matters NONE.

I donated blood recently. I tell you this because I had my cholesterol tested, because it was free, thats why. It came back high. And so, being the upstanding person that I am, I went to my doctor (actually she made me go...something about wanting me around for a while). And I am glad that I did. I ended up getting a shot, peeing in a cup, having an EKG, some other machine attached to my body, and handing over several vials of blood. Almost 2 hours into it, they finally unhooked me and let me go home. And then the very next day I got the sort of bad news. Not only is my cholesterol high but my blood pressure is high too. It was explained to me this way...your arteries and viens are like pipes. When they are open and free of any yucky stuff (I made the yucky part up), then the blood flows freely and everything is fine. When there is yucky stuff (again, my words) in your viens and they are constricted then you have problems. Well, mine are constricted somehow. So now I am on a diet, needing a lot of exercise, and making follow up appointments. I will be the first one to admit that I am overweight. So, I am going to use this little forum to track my progress. Hopefully this will make me a little more militant about it and maybe even share some good news.

Wish Me Luck!

No comments: