Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Ugh

I hate being sick. I will tell you now, I am a horrible patient. I feel so sorry for my fiancee. I feel sorry for anyone that has to be around me when I am sick. I never want to rest. I never want to take my medicine. I will usually work and not even think about calling the doctor. If I am stuck in bed I get grumpy. All the usual symptoms of a really bad patient. And God love my fiancee for putting up with me. She makes my meals, brings me everything I need. A true saint. And I love her for it. But at the time, I argue with her about it. Every bit of it. Of course, after about 9 hours at work, I am praying for the day to end so I can go home and climb into bed. Promising to myself that I will get to sleep early and let her take care of me. Then I get home. I always see something to do. Put the dishes in the dishwasher. If there are none, then clean out the dishwasher and put the clean dishes away. Pick up my clothes from yesterday or this morning. Get the mail. Fix something to eat. Something that catches my eye to make me not follow exactly what I said I was going to do when I felt like crap just an hour earlier. You would think that after that many years, it would sink in. Yeah, right.

No comments: