Thursday, July 07, 2005

Long time no see

Its been a while, I know. No excuses...holiday...some vaca time...lazy. Take your pick. But the blog is not the only thing I have slacked off on. The diet is not doing so well. As I last left you I had managed to drop around 5, according to the doc's scales. I am fairly certain that what was once lost is now found. No scales involved, lets just say I have that feeling. No matter, though, a renewed sense of motivation is upon me. What could that be, you might ask? Well, ok, no one is asking but I am telling anyway, so there. At the end of this month is a nice little out of town vacation that we (the family unit) are taking and I would like to be able to strut around Canada with less bulk. Plus, I think that a certain life changing event has been moved closer to coming true THIS fall instead of NEXT fall and I sure as heck don't want my love to look like she is standing next to the Michelen man on that important day. The kid's baseball season is winding down which means more time for some structured workouts. Maybe some more rest time too...it has been a looooong baseball season this year. Cardio workouts are gonna hafta start soon and the only time we have is after work. And without games to take up 2-3 evenings a week we might actually get to do something.

Today, London was hit with some terror attacks. Very sad but not altogether unexpected from my point of view. It seems that Tony Blair likes to follow our (The USes) lead a lot and if it wasn't going to be us hit then, to me at least, Britain seems the next likely target. And yes, some form of Al-Quaida (sp?) has already claimed it. Yesterday, London got the rights to host the 2012 Olympics. Coincidence? Not sure. Not being a terrorist, I have no idea how long it takes to organize a bombing so given 24 hours might just not be enough, or maybe it is. Either way, as the days drag on I can't help but wish that we would just finish what we need to do with Iraq and get our troops home. As I get older I appreciate more and more the freedoms that this great country stands for. But also, as I get older, I see my son hitting the teen years and I can't help but worry. How long will we be in Iraq? What about North Korea? They blustered about recently spouting off about Nukes. China. The newest Iranian leader was named as a hostage taker and/or leader from the 80's. As we pound our collective chests to the world we seem to be painting a huge red target on it as well.

No comments: