I love that T-shirt. Saw it again last night. Ok, ok, for all of you clamoring for a diet update, here it is. Same ole, same ole. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Stats Quo. SSDD. No movement (something later on that subject).
Onto more pressing matters. The wedding. Next week is vacation and I am already looking past it to October. It is going to be really nice to have a week off, though. Going NorthEast. Never been up thata way before. I know the boys will have a blast. Sorry, back to the wedding. We have the rings ordered. We are having them hand made. The jeweler recommended that to us so we are going for it. Registered for the tuxes. She has an appointment to look at (translation: try on) dresses Friday evening. Although I know which one she has her eye on already. Her sister, the matron of honor, is also getting a dress that we are insisting that we pay for. She better let us, too! Later this month, we are going to check out pics for photographers and officially book that gazebo/chapel, weather permitting. Invites need to be sent to the printers also. I am ordering 2 baseball bats with special printing on the barrel for the best man and our ring bearer. They are gonna love that. Rawlings bats with thier name, title, and date. I am thinkin that a pic of them with the bats after the ceremony would be really cool. Maybe with thier jackets off over thier shoulder, leaning on the bat. Yeah, like I am creative enough, THAT is why we are hiring a professional (at least we think that until we see the samples). The total group will be less than 40 people so it will be nice and small. Right now, the plans are coming together nicely, and I can't be more happy. The fact that I am looking past VACATION speaks volumes about that.
One thing I would like to comment on. I have very definite opinions on professional sports figures. Let me lay the groundwork before I rant. I feel that if an owner with more money than he knows what to do with wants to pay a (insert sport and position here) millions and millions of dollars then hey, get what you are worth and have at it. If the owner of my company all of the sudden decided that IT geeks should get paid 12 mill a year, then I am not going to turn it down because it looks greedy. OF COURSE IT LOOKS GREEDY, IT'S MONEY!!!!! If we are all so high and mighty then why do we complain about not getting raises or promotions? Hello! Same principal, just different circumstances. I do also believe, to a point, that sports figures are role models. Kids, of all ages, look up to certain people. Mom, Dad, older brother or sister, and whoever thier favorite player is that year. I also believe that it is the parent's responsibility to monitor, to the best of thier ability, what thier children see and hear. So if thier sports hero decides to push around a camera man, or get caught with a hooker, or have 14 kids with 14 different women, then it is MY responsibility to be there to answer the questions that will definitely come from that. Now for my slightly awkward and yet somehow conflicing point of view. Why are some sports figures such jerks? Is it the money that made them that way? Not in my opinion. That is like blaming alchohol for making someone a mean drunk. It just intensifies the personality. So does money. If a guy is a jerk, then that guy with an unlimited amount of cash and subservient yes-men is a HUGE jerk. A giving guy that will donate his time to a soup kitchen or donate part of his paycheck to a charity is gonna be a great humanitarian with huge sums of cash. Cash does not make someone change the way they are, it just intensifies the way they are.
I am willing to take on several millions to prove my point, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment