Monday, July 11, 2005

Depression Is Merely Anger Without Enthusiasm

You would think that I might learn my lesson when it comes to the sun and sunburns. After spending countless weekend days out in the sun watching baseball games, I go to the pool. Now mind you, there is a reason that I have been keeping a quasi-diet log on here. Lets just say that I have more area to tan than the regular sized guys. More specifically, more area to burn. And yes, its burned. Not too bad but still, you would think I might learn. I remember the days when I didn't know what a sunburn was and I was out in the sun from daybreak until dusk every day from June to September. Oh well, another peril of getting old.

Diet log. Hmmmmm. Best way to put this is to be honest. I have no update cuz I can never remember to weigh myself. Maybe because I am just afraid too somewhere deep in my subconcious. I am afraid that instead of a number the display on the scale may just read "One At A Time Please". Oh well, I am not overwieght, I am under-tall. Thats my story and I am sticking to it.

Wedding plans are progressing nicely. Place and Time are set. We have even discussed honeymoon ideas. And boy did she come up with a dandy! Cruisin in the winter. Nothing chases away cabin fever like 80 degrees, sunshine, beach, and a huge boat. That is one plan that I hope comes together. Our last cruise was great, not quite as sunny as I would have liked, plus there is that cell phone in the Gulf of Mexico thing, but it was still nice. Eastern Carribean will be nicer, or wherever we decide to go. You know, even though we are technically partners and we live together and all of that, getting married and "officially" starting our lives together is something I want to do so very badly.

Let's see, I have not been the best of bloggers lately. Any worldly events that need commentary? Any one person out there worthy of a rant? Actually, yes. Not so much a person but a thing. Dennis. And Emily after him, and Frank or Fiona, or whatever the next hurricane is gonna get to the coasts. I hear it is supposed to be an "active" season. Wow, it sure looks like it. Sometimes I wonder just how pissed off Mother Nature is. She can sure pack a punch when she wants too. Drought in the Midwest, Hurricane in the gulf, wild fires in the west. She is one powerful lady.

No comments: