As the week winds down I am left pondering a few things. Lemme update you on what has been going on first. For those who have read, we have a temporary replacement starting Monday for one of our guys that are being deployed to Germany to backfill for some Iraq bound troops. The guy that is starting was NOT our pick, he was just ordained as the new guy. I sit in an enlarged office with 3 other guys from my group. When the guy who is leaving moved out, I was given his cube (it has a window, nuff said). Well come to find out that the guy that moved was moved into a cube of a lady that is on maternity leave. And there is an empty office within 5 paces of that cube. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. I just hope that when he returns to us in about 18 months that he gets his job back, not just any job, but the one he left. I know that he is guaranteed a position but it would be a waste for him not to get his back.
Another thing I am pondering. Actually, this is more of a running theme so far. Something was mentioned to me by a certain someone (whose NEW last name is so very close to my own) that she was asked how married life was, or how it was different. And she replied that there is no difference. I am not sure if this is age, experience, or just the state of our relationship but she is absolutely correct. Besides looking at new pictures and having to change her name with a lot, and I do mean a lot, of places (thank goodness she is organized), there really is no change in how I feel. Yeah, I do look at our pictures and smile, a lot. Yeah, I do enjoy calling her my WIFE. And Yeah, it did require some planning and some money to get the wedding done.
But it's not as if our lives took a new direction when we got married. We knew a long time ago that this was what we wanted. I love her more every day. I felt that way before we got married. I want to tell her everything I think and feel. Yup, same as before. I think about how my kids are changing and growing and how I am enjoying her experiencing that with me. There is not one thing between us that changed with getting married. So I guess my point is this...yes, I am very happy that we are husband and wife. But no, its not any more special than it was a month ago. We have had a special relationship from the beginning and I have a feeling deep down that it will stay that way for a very very long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment