There are two holidays that I hold dear to my heart....Thanksgiving and Fat Tuesday. And if you have to ask then you need to go back and read some of the posts on here. The two holidays where it is actually bad manners to not stuff yourself to the point of being uncomfortable. The time when you visit with family and mostly only see thier dental work as they devour the delectable delights. And then there is that uncle that finds the couch first and proceeds to take a 2 hours snore-fest. It happens every year. Thanksgiving is more than just making fun of the fact that I can double my weight before halftime of the football game Thursday afternoon. It's about being thankful (duh, thats where the name came from). Being thankful for family, friends, the food, the shelter, the love. Its all covered. But I have a little extra to be thankful for this year...my new wife. I am thankful that she agreed to share my life with me and thankful that she allows me to share hers. I am thankful that she is my best friend and the she loves my kids and cares about them so much. I am thankful that we share the kind of relationship we have. I am thankful for my kids. Two boys that are growing up so very fast. High school is right around the corner. Beddy Sceddy! My family, my mom and my brother and his family. All of my new family that I have. The list goes on....
I am also thankful for the things that don't affect me directly. The ones that maybe some people forget. The troops overseas that fight for thier country. The police, firefighters, and EMTs that fight here every day. The teachers that help my kids learn to be better people through education. The nurses and doctors that give up thier Thanksgivings to help others. All of those who take time out of thier lives to help out someone who can't afford thier own Thanksgiving dinners.
I have so much to be thankful for, I just hope I can fit all of it in in one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment