Monday, October 31, 2005

Monday, Monday

I think that I shall never see a blog as lovely as a tree. Or something like that. Fall is all around us (check local listings in your timezone). The trees this year are giving us a beautiful display that was missing last year. It seemed like last year went from summer to winter without mother nature getting to show off her brilliant skill with the water colors. This year is much different. Just running errands this weekend, football, baseball, grocery store, whatever, is a wonder of hues and textures all around. I myself am a Spring sort of person. I love the first warm up after winter. The first weekend you can open up all of the windows and air things out. But this fall is getting my attention. The cool crisp evenings where a sweater or jacket is perfect. We just changed from daylight savings time so the viewing times will be noticable shorter and of course that next good rainfall and wind will take care of the trees but right now it is magnificient. And I don't know, maybe this fall is extra special for another reason too....

I really can't think of too much to go on about today. Friday was a follow up doctor visit and he confirmed that I have indeed lost some weight. Around 8 pounds and counting. Very good news, indeed. On the flip side, the last time I donated blood, the number from the Red Cross was 263. When I relayed that to my doctor he filled out a lab form and told me to get some blood work done before the next follow up visit. I guess with losing weight, if the number goes up, its time to fight it with medication. Which is fine with me. If I am doing the right things and its not helping where it should then fill out the scrip....I will meet you at Walgreens.

The world is as it is. Bush is still fighting to tread water. His second attempt to replace O'Conner is more of a safer choice. His first one failed miserably. Even his own party was questioning that nomination. Hurricane Beta is out there still, but weakening. Pro baseball and its steroid controversy is gone until February. The world series, as exciting as it was for the South side of Chicago, was boring for the rest of us. Football is nearing mid-season and yes, my hometown Bengals are in first place. That is something all its own. over 10 years of futility melting slowly away. The tightfisted owner, Mike Brown, meddled in the team and was woefully bad at making football decisions. Even to the point of being the last team in the NFL to have its own website. The old joke was this....You know why the Cincinnati Bengals don't have a website? Because they can't put 3 W's together! Get it? "www." 3 W's or 3 WINS? Yeah, we heard jokes like that for years. But anyway, I don't follow them too closely even when we do win. Closer to home, things are a bit busy. We have a list of things that need to be done from Thank you cards, to Christmas cards, shopping, getting everything that needs to be done after a wedding. It never stops but then I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am hoping to carry over the weight loss into the next year. Going to start getting more exercise as well as keeping tabs on the food intake. All this being said as I sit and think about 3 pieces of birthday cake sitting at home on the counter.

No comments: