Monday, October 03, 2005

Yes, it is Monday, why do you ask?

Today is Monday...every last freakin second of it is. Monday. It started out like a Monday, and it's rolling along smacking me in the back of the head just like a Monday. As I share this little tale with you and I whine about things, like I am wont to do, keep in mind that just about everything that I whine about is totally controllable by me, myself, and I. I know this, I really do, but sometimes you just gotta let it out.

Getting up this morning was ok. Got some lunch ready, packed up a naner and a really good apple fresh from Michigan. Except for my better half still being a bit ill, just a cough as she would say, I was cruisin. Get her to work and remember that I still have this lovely little wire attachment hanging from the back of my vehicle hitting the road whenever I hit a bump. Ok, get out at her work and take everything out of the trunk. What? You mean I didn't tell you about my cool little SUV feature with the full-sized spare? The spare tire, full-sized as it is, is hidden under the back of my car. There is a small slot just above the rear bumper that you insert a tool in (keep your jokes to yourself) and you turn the tool and the spare tire just lowers itself to the ground. Very Cool! Well, as I was changing tires this weekend I put the old tire in my trunk and forgot to raise the cable back up so there it was all weekend. Anyway, I got that back up and took off. Get to the parking garage, get my stuff and head toward the office. Just a reminder, I have a 15 minute walk to my building. I get up the elevator and to the door (which is locked and guarded by a badge reader, and you guessed it, I left my badge in the car. I usually get to work fairly early and the only guy I know of that gets there earlier is out on PTO today so I push the down button on the elevator and head back to my car. Now by the time I get BACK to my office, I am not so early any more. Ok, so now I am at my desk, sweating because I hurried back up the hill to the office, and I logon to get some work done. BAM, our weekly computer backups are down because of a hardware failure. Woo hoo, we are having some fun now. I am talking this little development over with a co-worker (remember, I am no longer early so everyone is here now), and the conversation morphs into a bitch session about our boss. More on that little topic later. As the morning trudges on, the Ex calls. Of course she does, it's MONDAY! Helloooo, if I were paying attention I would have seen that one coming. One consolation to the conversation, at least she is not bitching AT me ABOUT me, she is just bitching AT me about one of the kids. His grades were going fairly well until last week. Now they have tanked and she is fed up. From what I have seen lately these two individuals are like oil and water. Now, I know he is a teenager, and I know how she is, but still...she is asking for this the way she is trying so damned hard to be thier best friend instead of thier mother. Then when she has to put her foot down there is no respect there at all. He actually told me this weekend that he understands why I divorced her and that he would do the same thing if he could. I had to really try not to laugh at that one. Anyway, she is going on and on about his grades and his attitude. I listen, like I was gonna get a word in edgewise anyway, and hang up. So now I start explaining my morning to my dearest and she, like always, listens patiently and offers advice at the right times. I continue complaining about my morning, work, traffic, the boss, work, the ex, work, and work. Totally forgetting that she is sitting at her desk sick. So now, not only am I whining about silly crap, I am totally taking for granted my soon-to-be spouse just because I was forgetful and married the wrong woman several years ago. I apologize, profusely. I still don't feel any better but she wouldn't let me feel bad about that, she is that type of person. Hence the "BETTER" half title she wears.

Other wonderful things like, spilling coffee on my shoes, having our bathroom become the exit to the 7th floor roof for our HVAC installers, getting an email about an overdue library book that I forgot about, etc...all happen on days just like today...Monday.

No comments: