Thats an old line from many a diet joke and I am not quite sure why but I like it.
There is really only one topic that I am going to touch on today. I am not going to go on about the war, even though we are burying another local soldier today. The world series is exciting, seeing the Pale Hose go up 3 games to nil and looking pretty unbeatable right now. The hurricanes, Katrina, Wilma, and now to answer a trivia question for you....they start using the Greek alphabet after our own has been exhausted. Yes, tropical storm/depression/whatever Alpha is out there somewhere. Beta and the rest of the college fraternity will be along as soon as class is over. There is even a new virus being transmitted by birds that has the global medical community up in arms. But, those are all pretty secondary, to me anyway, right now.
I got married Sunday. Yes, I mentioned it several times here and counted down and went on and on about it. Now it is done. And yes, this is also why I have not updated the blog in about a week. The days leading up to the blessed event were a bit hectic, in my own little world. God bless the fact that I really didn't have that much to do or take care of. The new Mrs. and her sister were the masters of making the wedding happen. I made sure ME, the KIDS, and the TUXEDOS arrived on time. That's pretty much all I had to do. And I can say with some confidence that I did my job fairly well (please excuse me while I pat myself on the back). Now, having been married once before, I have developed a little opinion on marriage. Of course I have, hasn't everyone?
A good marriage is the best thing that anyone can be a part of. You have with you a best friend, someone that will listen when you need them too. A shoulder to lean on. Someone that will tell you when you have a huge green something-or-other in your teeth without making a big deal over it. Someone that makes you feel secure in everything that you do. Supports you, even when they may not agree with you, but they know its important to you. Someone that you can be sitting in the same room with, pause over that cup of tea or book or even during a commercial and just look at and feel right. Its not about 'never having to say your sorry', its about saying your sorry and knowing that you are forgiven. Knowing that you trust each other in every way. The foundation of any relationship is trust and to have a true partner you have to be able to trust them and yourself.
People say alot about soul mates, the perfect person, etc etc etc...and that is all well and good but it is also about your partner being able to take you as you are. Not perfect, not always agreeing with every decision. Being able to be thier own person. Being a partner in life.
I have that partner. I have that best friend. I have someone that I can look at and look to...that I know feels the same way about me that I do about her. I have someone that I can trust with the most important things and the most unimportant things. I have someone that I can grow with and grow old with. There is truly nothing better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment