Friday, September 02, 2005

Geez

I have been a whole week without posting. And I wasn't even on vacation or anything. Actually not much to report this week anyway. SSDW, for those of you who get SSDD. There are a few things to touch on....Katrina being one. Gas prices another. Being around on this wonderful rock for some 36 years I have seen a few disasters. Natural, accidental, terroristic. Tsunamis. The world trade centers, both times. Now this hurricane. Plane accidents. You name it, I have seen it. Even two wars, although not on the scale of WWI or II. I won't dwell on the sadness, that is all too evident. I will mention that I have my faith in mankind, at least some of it anyway, tested and fortified every time a disaster happens. To see the people gather and support each other is something I never tire of. Of course, I also wonder at the people who take advantage of these situations. Snipers at a hospital stopping the evacuation. WTF????? Looters. You know what I am talking about. I won't go into gas prices except to say that there has got to be something that is illegal here. It makes no logical sense how gas can be over 3 dollars a gallon. None, at least to me. W is gonna pay for this by giving up the White House AND the senate. Mark my words on that one.

No comments: