Monday, September 12, 2005

Getting there...one candy bar at a time

Good good Monday. There is actually no sarcasm in that statement at all. It is a pretty good monday. The weekend was good, fast, but good. The days are counting down to 10/23. Even work is going ok. The diet is stagnant, but then eating a pan of brownies does NOT help in the reduction of one's waistline. Ok, not a whole pan, but a good portion of it this weekend.

Still reeling over the images of the Gulf States. Also still feeling very proud to be a part of a nation that can come together like we have. I am not sure how it is outside my little corner of the midwestern world but the outpouring of support for the victims of Katrina is awesome. One little boy, I think he is 5, and his family, have raised $5000.00, yes that's 5 THOUSAND dollars, simply by selling lemonade in front of his house. Amazing. And that is just what I see here around my area. NBA players doing a charity game. That's huge. LeBron James going into his local Sam's Club and throwing down 200 large to fill up some semis and head down. Huge. I am proud to be an american. And some of the best news of all is that the death toll is way lower than the estimates. Over 10,000 is what I had heard and now they are counting in the hundreds. I know any loss of life is tragic but hearing those numbers climb and then seeing them fall so much is good news. Bush is down there today. With all of the flak from Iraq and then the FEMA mess just after Katrina hit land, and with two Supreme Court appointments, he better be able to come out of most of that looking good to the public. What little the gas prices have dropped recently is not going to be enough for the GOP to withstand at the next election. I am not pounding either political stump but the dems can really capitalize on this last year or so unless he starts to shine. But then, hey, I am only one little vote.

Day after tomorrow we go and get the marriage license. That's kind of like being pregnant and hearing the heartbeat for the first time. It kind of makes it feel more real. More real than all of the money we have spent on it so far!!!

No comments: