Thursday, June 26, 2008

Time is dwindling...and other observations

My time here at my current employer is dwindling....today and tomorrow is all I have left before starting my new position Monday. Making the rounds of goodbyes and see-ya-laters is bitter sweet. I will miss a lot of people here but this is a small town and I am sure I will see a lot of folks again. Heck, I even hear from some people that have moved away after switching jobs (shout out to you in Indy).

Since I have been working to a close with my old employer I have had a little extra time to focus on some other things. Working around the house more...landscaping and such. And my new hobby/focus/obsession....taking pictures with my D40. I have joined a bunch of groups online along with reading many forum posts as well as adding a few of my own. There are tons of sites out there to help newbies out such as myself. The information is invaluable. Now all I need is the money to get some new lenses and accessories (much to the contrary of some other folks, my income is still limited....that 401K plan of winning the lottery is not paying off....mostly due to the fact that I don't play the lottery).

Anyway, I have posted some things out on flickr as well as a few yahoo groups. I am still learning and will use this blog to link over from time to time when I feel comfortable with my end results. Although one can goto flickr.com and do a creative search using my email address here and probably fine my photostream fairly quickly.

Thats all for now...more to come soon enough....

No comments: