Friday, December 16, 2005

Your either a bully, a toadie, or one of the nameless rabble of victims.

One of a hundred classic lines from the best off-beat holiday movie ever. A Christmas Story! I bring this up for a couple of reasons. First off, I am just about ready to view this classic, again, for the first time this season. Second, my department at my work is having a Christmas party and they are actually showing it! Plus they are having "A Christmas Story" trivia for prizes. I wonder how many times I can win without making people pissed off. This has me totally psyched. I can't wait for next Wednesday. Free food, possible prizes, and my favorite Christmas movie. No wonder I like this place so much.

The "Italian" prize that Dad wins. Scott Farkus and his yellow teeth. Being triple dog dared into ripping half your tongue off. Drinking Ovaltine. Eating like the little piggies eat. Soap poisoning. I can't put my arms down....you can put your arms down when you get to school. And of course, shooting your eye out. I could go on and on. Its hard to even tell when that movie was made. 15, 20 years ago? 5 years ago? Who knows and who cares. Timeless. There have even been years where it's been run on a 24 hour marathon. I think on TNT. That, my dear friends, is a classic.

I can't wait to see it another 15 times before New Years!

No comments: