Monday, March 05, 2007
A new day is dawning....
I know its been a coupla days especially since I sort of vowed to renew my posting regimen but things they are a-changin around heya...as they say. I accepted a new position with a company in town. A better position for me, yes, money and all others aside. Funny thing is that when I first was approached about this particular position I struggled with the decision for some of the right reasons and a few very wrong ones, although my heart was in the right place when I was thinking about it. I actually was basing my decision on guilt. I felt bad that the guys here would be short handed for a little bit. My wonderful wife quickly reminded me that that particular reason was not a good one to stay. And she was right (as usual). Making this decision was hard on many levels. I really like the guys I work with. I have not been totally unhappy in my job. But within the last 5 years I have made a concerted effort to focus myself in a particular field of geekdom and this opportunity lent itself to that arena. In other words, an offer I couldn't refuse. But that did not waylay the guilt and sadness at parting ways with working closely with these guys that I have grown to respect and in some cases actually like. I know now why changing jobs is one of the most stressful things you can go thru. The search is ok, almost exciting in a way. Knowing that someone out there wants your skills enough to pay for them is nice...flattering. And keeping up on the interview skills in necessary in my book. So overall, this process has been good and bad. Not like I am gonna lose contact with anyone, I will be literally 2 blocks away...but the daily interaction will be missed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment